After sailing more than 40 thousand nautical kilometers and into 14 countries on Unreasonable at Sea, we ported in Spain for our culminating event. The technology companies who sailed around the world with us had 6 minutes to share the story of their company to hundreds of people packed into an auditorium in Barcelona. This is one of those talks.
The entrepreneur in this video is Anand Joshi of Guru-G – Democratizing Access To Quality Teachers
Company Description in 100 Words or Less
60%-90% of teachers need to be retrained. Tweet This Quote
While all studies agree that teachers are the most important component of any education system, we are facing a global shortage of 8 million teachers. The only way to truly democratize education is to democratize access to quality teachers. Train a teacher and you will transform the lives of hundreds of students. This belief has led Guru-G to create a gamified teaching, teacher training & open certification platform. At the heart of the solution is a simple and powerful pedagogy that is embedded within an engaging environment that enables easy and intuitive adoption by teachers, schools, and governments. Visit the company website.
- Commercial adoption of their teacher solutions by schools across 10 states in India.
- Partnerships with foundations & companies that directly support over 3,000 schools and reach over 2.5 million students.
- Helped several education companies build their K-12 products/business (including one of India’s top classroom technologies company & India’s largest assessment company).
- Talks/Demos at TEDxMcGill, EDGEx, Borderless World, Bangalore IT.biz.
- Launch slot for Guru-G at SGSC-2012 Conference in Singapore.
- Featured in major national newspapers (Indian Express, Economic Times), MSN India homepage, EduTech & many more.
- Other recognition: Star Young Entrepreneur Award-2011, featured in “Making India Proud” book by Intel, Sauvé Scholars Fellowship 2010, Student Award @SBP09 Conference (Phoenix), Global Student Entrepreneur Award – India, Winners of Bplan contests & incubation offers from IITB, BITS Pilani, IIMA, IIMB.
We are facing a global shortage of 8 million teachers. Tweet This Quote