After sailing more than 40 thousand nautical kilometers and into 14 countries on Unreasonable at Sea, we ported in Spain for our culminating event. The technology companies who sailed around the world with us had 6 minutes to share the story of their company to hundreds of people packed into an auditorium in Barcelona. This is one of those talks.
The entrepreneur in this video is Catlin Powers of One Earth Designs – Harnessing the sun to bring clean energy to three billion people.
Company Description in 100 Words or Less
There is one fuel that is clean, abundant and affordable. The sun. Tweet This Quote
One Earth Designs harnesses the sun to bring clean energy to three billion people who lack access to clean fuels. Our SolSource S1 has been selected as the top performing parabolic solar cooker in the world by third party auditors and our SolSource S2 is the world’s first temperature adjustable solar cooker. Our products save lives, reduce carbon emissions, save time for women, and save money for families.
One Earth Designs’ innovative work has been recognized by the Dutch Postcode Lottery Green Challenge, St. Andrews Prize for the Environment, MIT $100K, Clinton Global Initiative, and Yunus Innovation Challenge.
Visit the One Earth Designs website .
- Sold 800 SolSource S1s within two months of product launch
- First Certified B Corp in China
- Forbes “30 Under 30” Social Enterprise
- Dutch Postcode Lottery Green Challenge Winner
- St Andrews Prize for the Environment Winner
- EPA People, Prosperity, and the Planet Winner
- Lemelson Foundation International Technology Award
- Recipient of three MIT IDEAS Awards
- Muhammad Yunus Innovation Award
- Hong Kong Innovation Technology Commission SERAP fund awardee
- MIT $100K Emerging Markets Track Winner
- Featured on the BBC
- Featured on Discovery Channel
- Featured in The New York Times, Popular Science, Wired, and Make