Meet an Unreasonable Company
Making and distributing sustainable-sourced bulk meals to offices and homes.
Headquarters Greater London, England, United Kingdom
WHY WE EXIST.
To improve the health of people and our planet.
- We’re all different people with different goals, but we all agree on one thing: we all want to be healthy.
- But, for the first time since the industrial revolution, life expectancy in the richest countries is going down, not up. The food we eat is the root cause.
- Why? Because food buyers have three constraints: time, money & storage space.
- The food industry has met these constraints by compromising on health – our health and the health of our planet.
- Consumers don’t have the food they want or need.
WHAT WE DO.
- Farmstand is industrialising the production and distribution of healthy food. We're starting with direct-to-consumer and then expanding to B2B.
- Riding four main trends in the food sector: food-tech, health, delivery, customization.
- We're not another over-branded, over-packaged, over-priced delivery service targeting affluent diners. Farmstand is as The New York Times described us: “wellness for all.”
- Currently addressing 25m customers in the £6bn UK food delivery market – projected to grow 3x to £18bn by 2027.
- Since starting 100 days ago we've: built a central kitchen and MVP ordering platform, developed 30 recipes and customers are growing 86% MoM with 50 NPS.
- Only 5 full-time people, bootstrapping with £215k pre-seed financing completed in October 2020 at £4m post-money.
- Existing investors include Kindred Capital and Quadia Impact Fund.
- Strong unit economics: 75% gross margins, profitable at 500 subscribers purchasing just 3 meals a week, currently UK-only with ‘blitzscalable’ business model.
- Now raising a £1m+ Seed round at a £6m pre-money valuation to optimize product & marketing and establish a strong UK presence.
- Led by a proven CEO who built 2 billion-dollar businesses, beat cancer and climbed the 7 Summits including Mount Everest.
- Operate our entire business with zero food waste and zero packaging waste. On track to be carbon-negative by 2021.
- Named a Top-2 Most Sustainable Food Business by the Food Made Good Awards
- Board of Directors is 50% gender-balanced, London Living Wage certified employer, will be B Corp certified by June 2021.
Currently Operating in One Country
More Companies in Energy & Environment
Get the Unreasonable Newsletter
Get twice-monthly updates on Farmstand and over 300 other companies working to solve the world’s toughest problems.
Must select the list to subscribe to.