Developing smart, sustainable, low-cost chemicals made of biomaterials to produce energy, enhance the environment, and fabricate materials and structures
Headquarters Berkeley, California, United States
SVX is a climate tech company utilizing sustainable chemistry & materials science to enable the shift to 100% renewable energy through closed loop systems.
SVX's patented sustainable platform technology (MicroX) is accelerating the electrification of transportation by lowering the cost and increasing production of the biggest bottleneck in the battery, cathode material. Since processing costs and metals are a significant fraction of the battery costs, reducing cathode manufacturing costs while utilizing lower grade/recycled materials will substantially reduce the overall cost and carbon footprint of the battery. This will in turn, drive continued growth in markets such as EV’s and Energy storage. Our solution has the following proven benefits and can drop in into existing manufacturing:
- 20% lower costs of the cathode material
- Drop-in to existing manufacturing with 2X throughput production
- 70% lower energy usage
- Closed loop system to use recycled materials = Low Carbon Batteries
- Signed LOI with one of the largest EV manufacturers to de-risk production and reduce costs.
- Joint Venture with Trucent (global leader in fluid recovery and regeneration solutions) for the scale up of SVX's MicroX technology.
- A focus [to-date] on-dilutive funding and partnerships has de-risked capital investments, awarded a $2.8MM DOE Advanced
Currently Operating in Five Regions
December 14, 2021
Studies show that 42% of working moms admit burnout. Here's how CEOs are bringing women back to the workforce.
More Ventures in Energy & Environment
Get the Unreasonable Newsletter
Get twice-monthly updates on Sylvatex and over 296 other ventures working to solve the world's toughest problems.
Must select the list to subscribe to.