Daniel's unfettered belief in entrepreneurs led him to found and become the CEO of Unreasonable Group – an organization dedicated to supporting an international Fellowship for growth-stage entrepreneurs who are profitably solving global issues.
Today Unreasonable actively supports over 340 growth-stage CEOs; channels exclusive deal-flow to hundreds of investors and investment funds; and partners with multinational brands and institutions to discover profit in solving global challenges.
Recently Daniel was named by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's 50 Greatest Leaders, alongside the likes of Bill Gates & Tim Cook. Daniel was also awarded Inc. Magazine's “30 under 30 entrepreneurs”, and Forbes identified him as one of the “top 30 most impactful entrepreneurs.” He also received the prestigious “Entrepreneur of the World” award along with Richard Branson & the President of Liberia at the Global Entrepreneurship Forum. Beyond his capacities at Unreasonable, Daniel is a frequent keynote speaker, moderator, thought-leader, and advisor.
Fortune World’s 50 Greatest Leaders
World Entrepreneurship Forum: “Entrepreneur for the World Award”
Forbes: Top 30 Impact Entrepreneurs
Inc Mag: Top 30 under 30
Diplomatic Courier: Top 99 under 33 Foreign Policy Leaders
The White House Impact Award: Top 100 entrepreneurs in the US
- Inc.’s 30 Under 30: “Inside the Radical Incubator for Social Entrepreneurs
- Cover of Sunday New York Times (business section): “Unreasonable, Maybe, but It’s on a Social Mission”
- Forbes Impact 30: “Daniel Epstein and The Unreasonable Institute”
- BBC Business: “Entrepreneurs on Around the World Voyage”
- Inc.: “The World’s Most Unreasonable Entrepreneurs”
- CNN: “Entrepreneurs Take to the Seas for Inspiration”
- Fast Company: “The Next Unreasonable Advantage in Business?”
- 5280 Game Changers: “Wonder Kid”
- TechCrunch: “Unreasonable at Sea to Embark On 100 Day Journey in 2013 To Change The World”
- NY Times Sunday Cover (style and fashion section): “On the S.S. Brainstorm”
- Forbes: “The Unreasonable Institute: Where Ideals Go to Become Businesses”
- The Wall Street Journal: “Turning Unreasonable Ideas Into Reality”
- Business Times Singapore: “The Unreasonable Way to Entrepreneurship”
- VentureBeat: “Yacht Combinator? Step aboard this ship full of startups bound for international waters”
- Entrepreneur: “The Unreasonable Institute”
- Fast Company & Co.Exist: “Meet The Unreasonables”
- ABC News: “Creating a Smarter Show With Entrepreneurial Ideas”
- The Economic Times: Four Indian startups on a ship for global mentoring (Cover Story)
- Colorado Public Radio: “Interviewing Daniel & an Unreasonable Fellow from Pakistan”
- The Next Web: “Meet the socially-focused startups at the Unreasonable Institute Demo Day”
- Blended Profit: “Gamechangers Interview Part 1”, “Interview Part 2”
- Huffington Post: “How Fast Can an Unreasonable Idea Grow?”
- Aol.com video interview with TechCrunch
- CNN Money: “Hackers Set Sail to Save the World”
Keynotes, Panels, Workshops & Interviews
Daniel has given keynotes in more than 30 countries. He speaks frequently on topics ranging from how public companies can create a world-class and entrepreneurial culture across their employees, to the future of capitalism and our ability to profitably solve the most pressing challenges of this century.
Daniel has spoken at the White House, the UN General Assembly, and in front of audiences larger than ten thousand people as part of annual corporate events and in closed-door sessions with Fortune 50 executives and their boards of directors.
He personally advises CEOs of multinationals on how to become more entrepreneurial and works with multi-billion dollar family offices on creating a new type of financial legacy with their investments — producing above market rate returns while combating social & environmental challenges.
Alongside hundreds of recorded interviews including the ones below with Arianna Huffington, Desmond Tutu, and Van Jones, Daniel has given dozens of recorded keynote presentations. Some examples include Daniel's TEDxKyoto talk, this international keynote address that he gave to a room of over 8,000 CEOs, and this Bloomberg TV exclusive interview.