The event will be run online and will be focused on introducing the 14 entrepreneurs participating in our Unreasonable Impact Small Business Initiative. This pilot initiative is designed to support entrepreneurs focused on solving pressing social and environmental challenges within their local communities. The cohort of ventures are delivering innovative solutions across industries such as healthcare, education, renewable energy, sustainable transport and the future of food – whilst creating new jobs as they grow. After each 3 minute presentation, we’ll make it easy to connect with the presenting ventures and for you to offer your support.
This invite-only event will kick off at 09:00 BST on Tuesday 7th September. If you miss the kick-off please note that all registered guests will have the ability to watch the Demo Day for the following week. You can also choose to watch only the presentations of the entrepreneurs that most align with your interests.
About Unreasonable Impact Small Business Initiative
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING AND THEN ATTENDING THIS FORUM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. DO NOT CONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS NOR PLAN ON ATTENDING THE FORUM UNLESS YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
To register for this event we request your full name and contact information to keep you up to date with the event both before and after and to follow up with you regarding your interactions at the event. This data may be shared for administrative purposes only with event co-sponsors. Unreasonable respects the importance of your privacy and will always set the highest standard to protect it. You can read more about Unreasonable’s privacy practices here.
The views or opinions expressed by those on stage are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of the organisers or broadcasters. Viewer discretion is advised.
Terms & Conditions:
1) I understand and agree that neither this event nor any information provided by Barclays Bank PLC, Barclays Capital Inc., or any and each other member of the Barclays group (“Barclays”) or Unreasonable Alchemy LLC., Unreasonable Capital LLC., or any and each other member of the Unreasonable Group (“Unreasonable”), in connection with the Unreasonable Impact Demo Day (the “Forum”) constitutes or forms part of an offer to sell or purchase, or the solicitation of an offer to sell or purchase, any securities or any of the businesses or assets of any participant in the Program (each, a “Participant”) or an offer or recommendation to enter into any transaction or other relationship, or an offer or commitment to provide, arrange or underwrite any financing activity in association with the Forum and/or the Participants.
2) I understand and agree that Barclays seeks to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical standards and I agree to comply with applicable rules concerning the provision of hospitality, gifts, and other benefits to public officials. This includes laws requiring Barclays to publicly report such benefits in order to facilitate compliance with any applicable limitations, restrictions, and/or reporting requirements.
3) I understand and agree that Unreasonable will collect my registration and attestation data through its website for the management of the Forum, and will provide Barclays with a copy of such data for it to be able to demonstrate compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations in the event of a claim or any enquiries from regulators or governmental authorities.
4) I understand and agree that Barclays and Unreasonable are responsible for their own use of my personal data, and as such, are respectively committed to comply with applicable data protection legislation:
(a) Barclays will comply with applicable data protection laws in the United Kingdom.
(b) Unreasonable is located in the United States, a country which may not provide a level of protection of personal data similar or equivalent to the one in your country but it takes the commitment to comply with all applicable data protection laws.
5) I understand and agree that for any concern in relation with the use of my registration or attestation data by Barclays for the above purposes, or for any access or correction request relating to such personal data, I should contact Barclays at [email protected] . If my request or concern is relating to the use of my personal data by Unreasonable, I should refer to the privacy notice on Unreasonable website.
7) I hereby certify that I am not an official, employee or representative of an entity described within these Terms and Conditions as a “Restricted Persons”, as defined below.
- a) Restricted Persons include the following: Public officials (e.g. An officer or employee of, or other person acting in an official capacity for a government, whether national, federal or local); A legislative, administrative or judicial official, whether appointed or elected, including officials exercising a public function on behalf of any entity controlled or owned by a government, including but not limited to central banks, sovereign wealth funds, state-run hospitals; Employees of a business venture that is determined to be majority owned or controlled by a government entity, unless the entity has been specifically exempted by the Compliance department; Candidates for public office; Officials of a political party; Officials or agents of a public international organization; Members of a royal family; where known, the relevant person’s close family members (e.g., spouse, children, parents, and siblings) and close associates (e.g., key business colleagues, personal advisers and legal entities owned or controlled by that person); Regulatory and exchange personnel; credit rating agency personnel; UK labour union personnel; UK public pension plan personnel.
8) No party limits or excludes its liability in respect of:
(a) any wilful misconduct, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by it or its personnel;
(b) for death or personal injury caused by its or its personnel’s negligence; or
(c) to the extent such limitation or exclusion is not permitted by applicable Law.
9) Subject to clause 8:
(a) the maximum aggregate liability of any party for losses arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Forum, whether arising from tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, shall not exceed, ten thousand pounds (£10,000); and
(b) no party will be liable to the other for any indirect or consequential loss or damages, indirect or direct loss of business, indirect or direct loss of revenues, indirect or direct loss of goodwill, any indirect or direct loss of anticipated savings, indirect or direct loss of wasted expenditure, indirect or direct loss of profits, or indirect or direct loss of data, arising out of or in connection with the these Terms and Conditions or the Forum, in each case whether arising from tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
10) I agree to the above Terms and Conditions.